So here you are, a newly licensed dentist wanting to open up your very first and own dental clinic. After years of perseverance and hard work, you are finally one step closer to your dream. During your school years, you learned the proper way of handling dental tools, using a dental compressor, and managing dental problems. The only thing that you’re thinking of now is if it’s smart to buy used dental equipment.
Graduating and getting licensed can be an overwhelming feeling especially for a young dreamer like you. You probably have your mindset on big and spacious dental clinics, expansion, among your other aspirations. Unfortunately, brand new dental equipment can be quite expensive. Things might get out of control if you force yourself to buy them even though they are out of your budget.
Advantages Of Buying Used Dental Equipment
Refurbished dental equipment may not be as shiny and as sparkly as the new ones but buying them would definitely benefit you in specific ways. As long as you know how to distinguish the fully functional equipment from those that can no longer be used properly, then there is nothing to worry about. Here are the reasons why buying used and refurbished dental equipment is not a bad idea at all:
- It saves you money. Used dental equipment is usually sold at 50% less than its original price. This will allow you to purchase all the tools, devices, and equipment that you need to open your clinic. You can even save enough for clinic renovations and aesthetic furniture.
- You can install them anywhere you want. Buying used dental equipment will give you the freedom to choose the person that will install them. You are the boss, all you have to do is to point out where you want to place the equipment and you’re good to go.
- Minimal waste. This is your way of helping the environment as well. Just imagine where the equipment will be if it’s not placed on sale. It will probably be left to rot in someplace where it can potentially harm the environment.
- Gives you allowance for backup systems. A smart dentist would know how important it is to have a backup system in case of circumstances. This will guarantee that your clinic will keep on running despite malfunctions.
- A chance to purchase used but reliable equipment. If you are going to buy refurbished dental equipment that let’s say around 4 to 5 years old, that goes to show that the equipment is very reliable and durable. This will give you the impression that the equipment will not let you down.
Things to Consider
Now that you’re convinced that used dental equipment is the best option, you might want to make sure that they will not cause you any trouble. In buying refurbished dental equipment, you must put these things into consideration:
- where to install
- back up support
- maintenance fees
- cost of parts need to be replaced
- discount for bulk buying
Moreover, find someone who has expertise when it comes to dental equipment. They should be able to help you determine which ones are high quality and which aren’t.