Calgary Counseling Centre
|Address:||#200, 940 6th Avenue S.W.|
|Phone:||Main Line (403) 265-4980|
Intake: (403) 691-5991
|Hours of Operation:||Monday-Thursday 8:30am-7:30pm|
|Fees:||Sliding Fee Scale|
|Addictions Treated:||Alcohol, Gambling, Sex Addiction, Eating Disorders|
Description/Overview of Services/Programs:
Calgary Counselling Centre is a non profit organization committed to providing compassionate, professional, and affordable counselling services to Calgarians.
Through counselling and group programs, the centre helps individuals, families, couples, children, men and women resolve emotional and social problems. Through its ongoing research and education programs, Calgary Counselling Centre strives to meet the changing needs of our community.
Alcohol, Gabling and Sex Addiction
The Calgary Counselling Centre provides both short and long term counselling for Addictions as part of our general counselling program. Clients may present with an addiction as the presenting problem, or the addiction may be secondary to other problems, such as relationship difficulties, family violence and depression. Services are offered to individuals, couples and families.
The Eating Disorder program provides counselling (individual, couple and family) as well as group and nutritional counselling. There are two groups offered as part of this program and several workshops connected to this program. They include:
- Eating Disorders Psycho educational Group
- This seven-week psycho educational group is mandatory for all clients with an eating disorder. This group provides individuals with an opportunity to learn, understand, and change their perceptions of eating disorders and look at the nutritional aspect of healthy eating.
- Eating Disorders Psychotherapy Group
- This fourteen-week psychotherapy group focuses on helping clients change and learn to live their lives without the disordered eating patterns they experience. Some themes explored in this group include: effect of eating disorders, feelings, safety, self-care, assertiveness and more. This group is optional but recommended for those dealing with an eating disorder.
- Other Eating Disorders Workshops and Support Groups
- Several other workshops and support groups are offered for friends and family of clients with an eating disorder.